Last Updated: October 2022
Science and Stuff, LLC. (“Science and Stuff”) respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects its users to do the same. Science and Stuff contractually prohibits users from using its services to post content that infringes the intellectual property rights of others (such as copyright, trademark, trade dress, and right of publicity).
It is Science and Stuff’s policy, in appropriate circumstances and at its discretion, to remove content from its website (the “Site”) and/or mobile application (the “App”) and to disable and/or terminate the users who repeatedly infringe or are repeatedly charged with infringing the copyrights or other intellectual property rights, or other proprietary rights (including the right of publicity), of others. In that respect, Science and Stuff will respond to claims of infringement committed using the Site and/or the App that are reported to Science and Stuff’s Designated Agent, in accordance with the requirements below.
Science and Stuff also encourages owners of other intellectual property rights, or their authorized agents or representatives, to contact us to report any alleged infringement of their intellectual property rights that are taking place on or through the Site and/or the App by completing the following Notice of Alleged Infringement and delivering it to Science and Stuff’s Designated Agent. Upon receipt of the Notice as described below, Science and Stuff will take whatever action, in its sole discretion, it deems appropriate, including taking down the challenged material from the Site and/or the App and, if the user in question continues to infringe your rights (or infringes the rights of others), terminate that user’s access to the Site and App.
Infringement claims or notices regarding content on the Site and/or the App must include the following:
Notice of Alleged Infringement (“Notice”)
- Identification of the copyright, trademark, or other right that you claim has been infringed, or – if multiple such rights are covered by this Notice – you may provide a representative list of the rights that you claim have been infringed.
- Identification of the material that you claim is infringing (or to be the subject of infringing activity) and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material, including at a minimum, if applicable, the URL of the link shown on the Site(s) or the App(s) where such material may be found.
- Your mailing address, telephone number, and, if available, email address.
- Inclusion of both of the following statements in the body of the Notice:
- “I hereby state that I have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the rights owner, its agent, or the law (e.g., as a fair use).”
- “I hereby state that the information in this Notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyright or other right that is allegedly infringed.”
- Your (or your authorized agent’s) full legal name and electronic or physical signature.
Deliver this Notice, with all items completed, to Science and Stuff’s Designated Agent:
Science and Stuff, LLC